Police and Fire and Rescue Committee
Terms of reference
- To keep under continual review the Council’s local scrutiny and engagement arrangements.
- To consider and comment upon the proposed local operating arrangements for Police Scotland and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service.
- To consider the draft Local Policing Plan and Local Fire and Rescue Plan for East Ayrshire and to make recommendations on the Plans to full Council.
- In respect of approved three yearly Local Police and Local Fire and Rescue Plans, to receive regular reports providing an assessment of performance during the year and an assessment of performance towards achieving the priorities and objectives during the year.
- To scrutinise the planning, delivery and outcomes of services delivered by Police Scotland and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service in East Ayrshire.
- To request and receive information and reports from the Local Commander (Police) and Local Senior Fire Officer (Fire and Rescue) on any area or aspect of the services deemed appropriate.
- To receive and comment on performance reports from the Local Commander (Police) and Local Senior Officer (Fire and Rescue), in order to monitor and assess the performance of Police and Fire and Rescue Services against local and national performance frameworks and to make recommendations for improvements.
- To scrutinise the discharge of Police Scotland’s and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service’s consultative and community engagement arrangements in East Ayrshire.
- To provide the mechanism to link with the Scottish Police Authority and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Board and to consider and be aware of issues raised at meetings thereof.
- To receive performance information in respect of Complaints about the Police.
- To consider reports from external agencies including, but not limited to, Her Majesty’s Inspector of Constabulary in Scotland, Her Majesty’s Fire Service Inspectorate, Audit Scotland and the Accounts Commission in relation to the work carried out by the Police Scotland and Scottish Fire.
- To consider and respond to consultations on strategic Police and Fire and Rescue priorities and Scottish Police Authority and Scottish Fire and Rescue Service Strategic Plans.
Democratic Services Admin