Meetings of the Cabinet will be chaired by the Leader of the Council or, in his absence, the Depute Leader of the Council.
Terms of reference
To discharge all of the Council's functions (except those reserved to the Council and those matters specifically delegated to other Committees/Panels), namely:
- takes all key strategic and service delivery decisions
- implements policy framework
- promotes the core values of the Council
- develops Community Planning, working with partner organisations
- recommends revenue and capital budgets to Council.
To discharge on behalf of the Council its functions as an Education Authority in respect of the delivery of Education Services to pre-fives, children of primary and secondary school age and young persons.
The power to determine appeals made in terms of disciplinary proceedings involving dismissal, for all Council employees who are subject to teachers' conditions of service.
The power to uphold or reject such appeals, and to order the varying disciplinary action (such individual appeal decisions are not subject to 'call-in').