East Ayrshire Council is a local authority established under the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994. Its head office is located at Council Offices, Kilmarnock Road, Kilmarnock, KA3 7BU, United Kingdom, and you can contact our Data Protection Officer by post at this address, by email at: email@example.com.
We need you to give us your personal information in order to allow us to provide services to you as the local authority for East Ayrshire. We also use your information to verify your identity where required, contact you by post, email or telephone and to maintain our records.
We provide these services to you as part of our statutory function as your local authority. For some activities, we also need to process more sensitive personal information about you for reasons of substantial public interest as set out in the Data Protection Act 2018. It is necessary for us to process more sensitive personal information for a number of reasons, these include:
- to carry out key functions as set out in law
- in order to meet our legal obligations in relation to employment, social security and social protection law
- in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of others in circumstances where we will not be able to seek your consent
- where this is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- for the purposes of provision of social care systems and services where this is necessary in the public interest in the area of public health
- for archiving, research and statistical purposes
If we are using your information because:
- it is required for us to have a contract with you, or
- you have consented to give it
Then if you do not provide us with the information we have asked for, we will not be able to provide that service to you.
The precise lawful basis for the Council using your personal information will vary depending on which service we are providing to you. Further details, including your rights under data protection law, can be obtained from our Privacy Statement.
Freedom of information
Please be advised that any communication you have with East Ayrshire Council will constitute information held by the Council and may be subject to a request for information under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. Further information regarding freedom of information can be found on our freedom of information webpage.
Security camera images
External agencies or members of the public requesting copies of closed circuit television (CCTV) footage should contact the Freedom of Information Officer.