Ayrshire Shared Services Committee
20 July 2022
Comprising four elected members from each constituent authority, namely East Ayrshire Council, North Ayrshire Council and South Ayrshire Council. For East Ayrshire Council (2/1/1): Councillors Maureen McKay, Douglas Reid, Jim McMahon and Neill Watts.
The constituent authorities may from time to time determine which specific services and functions are to be delegated to the Joint Committee.
At present the undernoted services have been delegated to the Joint Committee:
- Tourism (all three Councils); Lead constituent authority - South Ayrshire Council
- Ayrshire Roads Alliance (East Ayrshire Council and South Ayrshire Council): Lead constituent authority - East Ayrshire Council
- Ayrshire Civil Contingencies
Remit of the Ayrshire Shared Service Joint Committee:
- to monitor spend within the budget approved by constituent authorities in relation to each relevant Shared Service
- to develop and implement a strategic policy framework for the operation of each relevant Shared Service, to receive, scrutinise and approve Service Plans for implementation of the policies and priorities for service delivery in respect of relevant Shared Services including establishing appropriate service targets and performance indicators
- to co-ordinate, guide, monitor and review and performance and discharge of Shared Services by officers of the relevant lead authority, and
- to consider and approve an annual Service Plan in respect of each Shared Service including the relevant budget
Full details of the services to be delivered and statutory functions on a shared service basis can be found in the Scheme of Delegation
Drag your contacts in here.