Thinking of fostering?
Our foster carers tell us that looking after our children and young people is more rewarding than words can say.
However, fostering doesn’t come without a few challenges, and we believe every foster carer needs access to reliable, round-the-clock support from people they can trust.
Support with fostering
When you foster with us you’ll be supported by a team of qualified specialist social workers who have undertaken additional training, meaning the guidance you receive is second to none.
You’ll also be a valued member of a multi-agency team around the child, with ongoing supervision to ensure you always have a space to discuss any worries you may have.
Here are some other ways in which we offer one of the most supportive and empowering foster care experiences possible:
- minimum monthly supervision and support from your Supervising Social Worker
- mentoring from a more experienced carer
- support for your own children at home
- access to our foster carer support groups
- opportunities for you to engage in the development of the service
- specialist support and consultation from East Ayrshire’s Psychological Services
- core training and access to further learning via regular workshop-based training, access to Kate Cairns Associates Online training and specialist training depending on the needs of the children being cared for
- access to peer support events throughout the year
- activity events for both carers and children
- access to peer mentoring
- competitive fostering fees and allowances
- out-of-hours telephone support from residential child care staff trained in DDP (Dyadic Development Psychotherapy) and TSI (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention) principles
- we will cover the cost of your annual membership to The Fostering Network, which provides support, access too materials, information and legal advice
- every year our service is independently evaluated by The Care Inspectorate - read our latest Fostering Service report (PDF 340Kb)
- and lots more
Find out more about fostering
Get in touch with us to start your fostering journey today.