Why foster with East Ayrshire Council?
Fostering brings great benefits to children and can be extremely rewarding for those who care for them.
However we recognise that fostering can also be a challenging role. We therefore aim to offer the highest level of care and support possible to our foster carers. This includes:
- working alongside and being supported by a team of qualified specialist social workers who have undertaken additional training in nurture principles, the principles of Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) and the use of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) (not physical intervention)
- being a valued member of a multiagency team around the child
- receiving minimum monthly supervision and support from your Supervising Social Worker
- receiving specialist support and consultation from East Ayrshire’s Psychological Services
- support to maintain your continuous learning and development via regular workshop based training, access to Kate Cairns Associates Online training and access to specialist training depending on the needs of the children being cared for
- access to peer support events throughout the year
- activity events for both carers and children
- access to peer mentoring
- competitive fostering fees and allowances
- out of hours telephone support from residential child care staff trained in DDP and TCI principles.
- membership of the Fostering Network
Our service is independently evaluated on a yearly basis by the Care Inspectorate. Please read our latest report.
If you are interested in becoming a foster carer with East Ayrshire Council please get in touch using the details below.
Fostering and Adoption
Text 'info' to 80039