What we will do
Our Corporate Parenting team will support you throughout your journey. You will be allocated a supervising social worker from the team who will provide:
- ongoing advice, guidance and support
- formal monthly supervision
- link to a Mentor who will be a more experienced carer
- induction and support for your ongoing learning and development. We provide core training and access to further learning through short courses and on line provision
- support to your own children at home
- access to our foster carer support groups
- opportunities for you to engage in the development of the service
- liaison between yourself, the child’s social worker and other professionals
- a duty worker available each day to respond should your worker be unavailable
- annual membership paid to the Fostering Network which provides support, access to materials, information and legal advice
We provide our foster carers with generous fees and allowances when a child is placed. Foster carers become self-employed and are responsible for their own tax liability, however, there are generous disregards on payments received. There is useful advice on the HM Revenue and Customs Website.
Fees and allowances
Fee and allowance information is available upon enquiry.