Take the first step to becoming a foster carer - here's how the process works:
- Contact us, and we will get back to you within one day or on Monday following weekends.
- We will discuss your enquiry with you.
- We will visit you at home to talk further.
- You will attend our ‘Skills to Foster’ training course to help you prepare.
- You will be allocated a social worker to undertake a Fostering Assessment.
- We need to undertake local authority and criminal record checks, a full medical to ensure you are fit and healthy, and ask for employer and personal references.
- Once complete, the Fostering and Resources panel will discuss your assessment and the Agency Decision Maker will decide if you should be registered as a foster carer.
- If approved, Induction and Core Training will begin once a child or children are placed with you.