Skip to content

Our aim is to provide high quality services to the people we serve, but sometimes things can go wrong.  If this happens, please tell us, so that we can put things right. 

If you have experienced a problem with a service or have a complaint to make, the quickest way to get it resolved is to talk to the staff responsible or the Head of Establishment in the first instance. 

Stage one

If the Head of Establishment is unable to provide a satisfactory resolution to your enquiry or complaint, you can raise a formal complaint via the Council’s Complaints Procedure. Your complaint will be reviewed by a manager within education and a response provided within five working days.

Stage two

If you are not satisfied with the response received, you can ask for a further review of your complaint by senior management and we will aim to respond within 20 working days.

If you have completed the Council’s complaints process and you are still unhappy, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to look at your complaint.

Further information is provided on our complaints page.

Complaints about care

You have the right to contact the Care Inspectorate with any complaint that you have about an Early Childhood Centre.

You can make a complaint:


Mediation is a voluntary and confidential process in which an independent skilled person assists people to resolve their disputes/disagreements to their mutual satisfaction. Find out more on our mediation in schools page.

Contact Information

Education Service
Council Headquarters
London Road
Telephone (General Enquiries): 07551 280834 or
Telephone (General Enquiries): 07721 857059 or


Psychological Services
St Joseph’s Academy
Grassyards Road
Telephone: 07500 913 493
Telephone: 07500 912 741
Telephone: 07985 394 638