In East Ayrshire, there are seven Early Childhood Networks, bringing different partners and agencies together to progress local priorities and partnership working.
Each network is led by one of our Early Childhood Centres (ECC) and these are:
- Cumnock, Mauchline, Auchinleck - lead: Netherthird ECC
- Irvine Valley - lead: Darvel ECC
- Doon Valley and Drongan - Patna ECC
- Kilmarnock Central and South - joint lead: Flowerbank and Shortlees ECC
- Kilmarnock North - joint lead: Cairns and Hillbank ECC
- Kilmaurs Stewarton, Dunlop - lead: Kilmaurs ECC
- New Cumnock, Muirkirk and Catrine - lead: New Cumnock ECC
The Head of Establishment, or manager in each lead ECC has responsibility for supporting and developing services and working with different agencies to develop the network.
The aim is to create flexible services, meeting you and your child’s needs, including outreach work for vulnerable and looked after children, their families and carers.
A broad range of services is also offered, including family support in the home, parenting programmes, volunteering, work, money and benefit advice, health visitor drop-in sessions, clinics and relationship support.
The networks are linked to Childcare and Recreation Information Service (CARIS) which provides free family information on a range of matters. Their helpline is 0345 351 3000.