Skip to content

Under the terms of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982, a window cleaner's licence is required for any person engaged in window cleaning whether as an employee or self-employed.

Public liability insurance must be obtained, together with employer's liability insurance for any employees. It is also recommended that personal insurance cover be obtained to cover against any personal accidents.

Licence fees

Type of licence Fee
Window cleaners  £255
Window cleaners (employee)  £128
Window cleaners (employee - one year licence) £53

Apply for a licence or renewal

Online via our GLAMIS system

You can also download and print the application form below:

Window cleaner's licence application (PDF 229Kb)

Licence conditions

Window cleaner's licence conditions (PDF 24Kb)

Contact Information


Licensing Board Administration
London Road
East Ayrshire
Telephone: 07557 168826

Contacts placeholder - please drag your contact in here from the resources menu.