When high or extreme winds are forecast, residents are advised that the recycling trolley/bins should be placed in as sheltered a position as possible, whilst remaining visible to the collection crews.
To assist, and to help ensure your local community remains litter free, please consider the following:
- make sure the lock on the top box of the recycling trolley is secured
- remember your recycling trolley service is weekly, and we will collect excess in either red/black boxes or bags at the next collection - could you manage until next week?
- make sure your waste is fully contained within the recycling trolley/bin and that bin lids are fully closed
- put your recycling trolley/bin out on collection day rather than the night before where you can
- if you can, remove your recycling trolley/bin from the kerbside as soon as it's emptied - if you're at work, can you make arrangements with a neighbour?
- we may leave your recycling trolley/bin flat on the ground or with the top box stacked within the middle box of the recycling trolley when emptied to prevent them blowing over
You can also take excess recyclate to your nearest Recycling Centre or Recycling Point.
Drag your contacts in here.