“Childhood’s work is learning and it is in his Play that the child works at his job” Caroline Pratt
The Play and Early Intervention Team at Vibrant Communities offer many different opportunities for children, families and communities to play: Play is a serious business and it’s a small investment now that will pay off in the future!
Without play your child is missing out on so many experiences and opportunities that not only help them learn, but also contribute to their happiness and wellbeing – now and into the future. Play doesn’t need to cost a lot, it doesn’t need lots of toys, equipment or high tech gadgets. Contact us using the details below to find out how easy and valuable play can be. We provide the following services:
Play therapy is offered in one Primary school per year. Children are referred by their class teacher, to help children with social, emotional and behavioural problems to help themselves.
The Play Therapist works with individual children on a weekly basis using a mainly non-directive approach to help children:
- recover from and make sense of difficult and painful experiences
- express and explore difficult feelings
- achieve a more positive view of themselves and their own value
- improve relationships, behaviour and readiness to learn
- develop emotionally and socially
- improve communication skills and emotional literacy
For further information please contact us.