Our Vibrant Communities Play and Early Intervention team will once again be celebrating National Playday in East Ayrshire on the national day for play on Wednesday 7 August 2019, at the Kay Park, Kilmarnock from 11am–3pm.
This year's Playday is celebrating its 32nd anniversary nationally. In recognition of this milestone the 2019 Playday campaign will be Play Builds Children; calling on everyone across the UK to celebrate the many ways in which play is beneficial to children and young people:
- Play Builds Friendships - playing allows children to interact with others, develop relationships, deal with conflict and learn respect and tolerance
- Play Builds Resilience - playing boosts children’s confidence, creativity, problem-solving skills and perseverance, enabling them to cope with stress and challenges through life
- Play Builds Health and Well-being - being active through play helps children physically and emotionally, contributing to their health and happiness
- Play Builds Communities – playing allows children to learn about the world around them, make connections, and develop a sense of identity and belonging
- Playing is child’s right (UNCRC, Art 31)
This free event will once again have an array of activities to try as follows:
- Free play
- Physical and Messy Zones, including quad bikes, canoeing on the pond, laser quest, sports taster sessions, water/mud slide, inflatables, face painting, arts and crafts, plus so much more
There will also be the opportunity to speak with local services and clubs across East Ayrshire at the stall holders area.
Activities take place no matter the weather so please bring appropriate clothing. If you want a shot on the mud slide then a change of clothes and a towel is recommended.
Remember - it’s fun, it’s fabulous and it’s free!
Look out for further information on Playday on our Vibrant Communities Facebook and Twitter.
More photos are available to view on Flickr.
Watch a video
Watch a video of a previous Playday in East Ayrshire
For further information please contact Allison Smith on 01563 576344 or email Allison.email@example.com