We have 102 play parks in East Ayrshire, which are maintained by Outdoor Services.
These play parks allow youngsters of all ages to play safely in their local area and are equipped with some of the most up to date facilities available including multi-use games areas (MUGAS), sports walls, basketball courts and zip slides. All equipment complies with the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA).
Play parks suitable for toddlers and juniors
- Hearth Road, Cumnock ( juniors only)
- Keir Hardie Hill, Cumnock (juniors only)
- Portland Park, Galston
- Dean Castle Country Park, Kilmarnock
- New Farm Loch, Kilmarnock
- Morton Park, Kilmaurs
- Barbieston Road, Dalrymple
- Knowehead Road, Kilmarnock
- Jean Armour Drive, Mauchline
- Jamieson Park, Newmilns
- Linfern Avenue, Kilmarnock
- Doon Bank Crescent, Patna
- Thorn Terrace, Kilmarnock
- Lainshaw Avenue, Kilmarnock
- King George V, Dalmellington
- Bellevue Road, Kilmarnock
- Knockentiber, Kilmarnock
- Richardson Park, Hurlford
- Riverside Park, Catrine
- Flush Park, Cumnock
- Millmannoch Drive, Drongan
Playgrounds suitable for children of all ages (include teen sports walls)
- Well Road, Auchinleck
- Ochiltree Glen Avenue, Logan
Teenage sports walls are also provided at the following locations:
- Kay Park
Community upgraded sites:
- New Cumnock
- Old Tennis Court
These facilities include equipment which caters for all ages and abilities.
Our play parks are inspected by trained staff on a weekly basis, with a yearly independent inspection. Risk assessments are carried out on all play parks based upon the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA) guide to assessing risk in children’s play areas.
All play parks are inspected on a weekly basis by fully qualified employees to check for problems. Any problems found during the inspection are fixed onsite or placed in a maintenance schedule.
An outside body, which is fully qualified and specialises in park safety, is employed on a yearly basis, to survey all play parks and to report all risks found.