Economic Development brings the public and private sectors together to create better conditions for economic growth and job creation.
Our economic development strategy focuses on:
- integrating East Ayrshire within the regional economy
- facilitating economic restructuring
- increasing vibrancy in our town centres
- improving the quality of tourism
- increasing economic participation in our communities
- accelerating the pace of infrastructure improvements
We are members of the Ayrshire Economic Partnership (AEP). This includes representatives from the three Ayrshire local authorities, Scottish Enterprise, Ayrshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry and individual business leaders. We all work together to provide a strategic direction to the economic performance of Ayrshire & Arran.
Together we are developing joint strategies focusing on the key sectors of food and drink, engineering, renewables and tourism. We have also established a joint Ayrshire and Arran tourism team to drive forward our tourism strategy.
Economic Development Strategy 2014/25
Investing in East Ayrshire Brochure
Ayrshire and Arran Tourism Strategy 2012/17