We record all planning information in the planning register.
This register has two parts:
Part 1 - applications not disposed of
- A description of the proposed development
- The name and contact address of the applicant or the agent where an agent is acting on behalf of the applicant
- The postal address of the land to which the development relates, or if the land in question has no postal address a description of its location.
- Copies of plans and drawings; any design or design and access statement and any pre-application consultation report, submitted in respect of the application
- Particulars of any direction given under the 1997 Act or the DMR in respect of the application
- Where an EIA is involved, (under para 97 of Circular 8 2007) a copy of any screening opinion is to be transferred to Part 1 of the register
Part 2 - applications determined
- For all applications for planning permission (including planning permission in principle) and approval of matters specified in conditions attached to planning permission in principle determined by the planning authority (other than following a review of the case by the local review body)
(i) a copy of the decision notice
(ii) copies of any plans considered by the planning authority
- A copy of any environmental statement submitted
- For all applications for planning permission (including planning permission in principle) determined by the planning authority (other than following a review of the case by the local review body), a report of handling containing the information mentioned in paragraph four of Schedule 2
- A copy of the decision of the Scottish Ministers, on appeal or on called-in for Ministers’ determination under section 46 of the 1997 Act
- A copy of the decision notice of the planning authority as to how a local review of the case by a local review body has been dealt with and copies of any plans considered by the planning authority in determining the review
- Where an application is refused under regulation 7(5) of the EIA regulations, a statement to that effect including the date on which the application is refused
Online planning information system
The index for the register is a map which allows a search to be done by geographical area. To access information contained in registers please use the link under the further information section.
Historic Planning Register
Details of applications submitted since 1996 are available online. Details of applications made prior to this date are available by contacting us using the details below.