Skip to content

Supported accommodation is normally rented from the Council or a housing association. You can get details of any rent and service charges due to be paid for a particular property from either the neighbourhood housing office for Council properties, or in the case of housing association properties from their offices. Contact details for housing associations are contained within the housing options guide.

Apart from rent there are often service charges that apply to the accommodation. Many service charges are eligible for housing benefit in the same way as the rent. However, where a service charge is made for heating or lighting in a tenant's home, it is excluded from housing benefit and must be paid by the tenant.

All the supported accommodation listed in our information booklet has a support service that is charged for under the Council's non-residential services charging policy in the same way as the Council's home care services. Support service charges vary widely and are based on the cost of providing a particular service. Rebates are available based on people's individual circumstances.

You can ask for a financial assessment to be made of your possible liability to pay support charges before deciding to take up a supported tenancy by contacting the joint team.

Contact Information

Housing Joint Team
Opera House
8 John Finnie Street
Telephone: 01563 554400
Benefits Section
John Dickie Street
East Ayrshire
Telephone: 01563 554400