Skip to content

Applying for supported accommodation

If you think that a move to supported accommodation would be right for you the next step depends on whether you already have a housing application registered with us.

If you do have a form registered then all you need to do is complete the supported accommodation application form as fully as possible and return it to us. If you do not have a housing application registered then you will need to complete a Council housing application form, ticking the ‘supported accommodation' box under house types requested. You will also need to complete the supported accommodation application form as fully as possible, returning both application forms us.

You can download the forms under the online forms section or call into any neighbourhood housing office or local office to pick up a form. Alternatively you can phone us on the number below and we will post the relevant forms to you.

Applicants should be aware that all supported accommodation is excluded from the Right to Buy due to its designation as supported accommodation for older people.

Social work assessment

An assessment will be carried out by social work that will look at your needs, over the full range of housing, health and social care requirements. A recommendation will be made as to the most suitable form of housing to meet your needs as well as an indication of the relative level of priority to be given to your application. All applications for supported housing are assessed on people's needs.

Contact Information




Housing Register Team
Opera House
8 John Finnie Street
Telephone: 01563 554400 (Option 5)