Tenants insurance scheme

Whether you own or rent your house, you will want to protect your belongings and decoration against fire, theft, vandalism or water damage. Many Council tenants believe that the Council automatically does this, but this is not the case.

We recommend all tenants to consider insuring their personal belongings. We have introduced a scheme with a leading insurance company to provide reasonably priced household contents insurance. Tenants can pay for the cost of the insurance weekly or monthly, at the same time as paying their rent.

If you are a Council tenant and wish to find out more about the contents insurance scheme, please download the leaflet under further information or contact the rent accounting section for details.

rating button