The instrumental service seeks to enhance the musical experiences available to pupils through instrumental tuition.
As well as focusing on the individual, instrumental tuition in East Ayrshire provides the opportunity for a wider musical experience through participation in ensembles, bands, orchestras and choirs.
Our instrumental service offers tuition in:
- highland bagpipes
The service consists of an Instrumental Music Service Manager and staff who work on a peripatetic basis. It offers individual or group tuition to both primary and secondary schools.
The instrumental service:
- raises the musical attainment of pupils
- supports pupils in acquiring skills which allow them to enjoy a wide range of musical experiences contributing to the musical life of the school/community
- promotes pupils' understanding of music in the life of their own and other cultures
- enables pupils to realise their musical potential through playing a musical instrument
- encourages self-confidence and a sense of personal achievement and self-expression