Skip to content

If you or someone you care for has a learning disability, a variety of supports are available in East Ayrshire.

If you're looking for information or advice about support, activities and services available in your area, you can contact one of our Local Area Coordinators.

If you think you might need more support with everyday living, you, a family member or your GP can make a referral to one of our Learning Disability Social Work Teams. A member of the Social Work team or the Care Manager will contact you and undertake an assessment of need (Single Shared Assessment) with you. If you are a carer then you are entitled to have a Carer's Assessment which looks at your needs and what supports you might require in order to continue providing care.

Once the assessment is complete, you and your care manager will complete a care plan to meet your assessed needs. This could include day supports, respite care, care at home or residential care. Alternatively you may decide to receive payments through self directed services which would mean receiving money from the council to enable you to buy support services to meet your assessed needs.

There may be a charge for any services you receive and this will be discussed with you by the care manager.

You or someone you care for may wish to access support from advocacy services in order to support you to express your opinions and wishes.

If you think you or a relative or someone you care for might require a service, please contact your local Social Work Office using the contact details provided below.

Contact Information


Social Services (Cumnock)
Rothesay House
1 Greenholm Road
East Ayrshire
KA18 1LH
Telephone: 01290 427720
Social Services (Dalmellington)
33 Main Street
East Ayrshire
Telephone: 01292 552900
Social Services (Kilmarnock)
The Johnnie Walker Bond
15 Strand Street
East Ayrshire
Telephone: 01563 554200