The Social Work (Scotland) Act 1968 and the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995 place a duty on Scottish local authorities to provide social work services in the criminal justice system.
- supervision of offenders in the community who are sentenced by courts
- supervision of offenders in the community who have been released from prison on statutory order or licences
- social work reports requested by courts, parole boards and procurators fiscal
- voluntary post-release assistance to prisoners and families
- social work services to courts and to those involved in court proceedings
- social work services to individuals given alternative sentences to custody, such as community service
- support to the victims of crime
For further information, please contact us.
Contacts placeholder - please drag your contact in here from the resources menu.