The agreement is between East Ayrshire Council Housing Asset Services and the legal owner/s of the property concerned.
The “renewal date” of the contract is 12 months after the start date of 1st April. The contract will renew annually on 1st April unless you tell us in advance that you do not want the contract to renew, we will require 14 days’ notice of your cancellation. We will notify you in writing six weeks before the date your contract renews.
If you do not want your contract to renew automatically, you must notify us in writing at least 14 days before the date your contract is due to renew that you wish to cancel. Such cancellation will take effect on the expiry of the contract year (1st April to 31st March).
The agreement will cover all emergency/urgent repairs to the common door entry system, common entry lights both internally and externally for the period of one year. The agreement will only be available to Homeowners within Factored blocks, Homeowners must be 18 years and over and be of sound legal capacity to enter in this agreement. The Maintenance Plan will commence once we have notified you in writing that your signed agreement has been received.
We may make changes to the terms and conditions of this agreement at any time (a) if we are required to do so by any court or competent authority, or we need to do so to reflect any change in the law or relevant industry guidance or codes of practice and/or (b) for any other reason, provided that such change is not to your disadvantage. If we do, we will notify you of the changes in writing.
Without prejudice to our rights we may make changes to the terms and conditions of this contract for any reason with effect from any renewal date of the contract. If these changes are a change to the price you pay for your Plan (excluding any changes solely related to any future VAT increases) or any other change which is of disadvantage to you, you will have 28 days after receiving the notice to notify us if you wish to cancel the contract. If you cancel the contract this will take effect at the end of the period for which you have made payments, and the proposed changes to the contract will not apply.
The charge for the Plan is currently £12 per annum. This will be subject to increase, should any increase be applied we will notify you in writing and the increase will only apply after the first year’s subscription has elapsed.
The Homeowners Maintenance Plan will be provided to you on an annual basis, the Plan cannot be transferred to another owner and the plan will be cancelled should you move from your property. You will be refunded any proportionate cost for any period after your house sale.
The plan will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All parts and labour will be deemed to be included in the plan in relation to emergency and urgent repairs undertaken as part of the plan.
East Ayrshire Council cannot guarantee that the entry lighting and door entry system equipment will always function satisfactorily, should the systems become irreparable or if system parts are unobtainable resulting in the need to carry out a full renewal of the system, then the cost of full renewal under a non-essential repair will be in addition to the annual charge.
East Ayrshire Council reserves the right (where applicable under your title deeds) to determine in our professional opinion whether it is cost effective to renew the full lighting, door or door entry systems.
The service charge will apply from 1st April to 31st March each year. The cost of the service will be payable annually in advance.
The Maintenance Plan will commence once we have notified you in writing that your signed agreement has been received, should you join prior to 1st April you will be charged a proportionate share of the cost up to 1st April. For example, should you join on 1st October the proportionate charge will be £6 payable when you join.
You may cancel any agreement you have with us at any time as long as you let us know by calling 01563 555555 or by writing to us at: Factoring Service Housing Asset Services Burnside Street Kilmarnock KA1 4EX, or by email at: Factoring@east-ayrshire.gov.uk
If you cancel within the first 14 days of your agreement we will fully refund the money you have paid, if we have carried out work during this 14 day period, these charges will be added to your next quarterly invoice.
We may cancel your Agreement in the following circumstances:
- If you have given us false information
- If you do not make the agreed payment
If we cancel we will give you a full refund of any money you have paid unless we have carried out work, in which any monies paid may be used to offset any repair charges to the common elements.
This agreement must be signed by ALL the Legal Owners of the property.
Nobody other than you will be able to benefit from your agreement. If you are a Landlord, you may give permission to your tenant, managing agent or other third party to arrange access to your property for the purpose of investigation/identification of faults in the door entry system on your behalf.
We will carry out our obligations under the contract within a reasonable time unless this is not possible due to circumstances which are beyond our reasonable control. The contract does not affect any legal rights which you may have under consumer protection legislation (including, without limitation, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013) and under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. You can obtain advice about your legal rights from a Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Department.
- Internal entry light emergency/urgent repairs including vandalism
- External entry light emergency/urgent repairs including vandalism
- Emergency/urgent wiring to entry lights including vandalism
- Repairs to timers and photocells used to control entry doors and entry lights including vandalism
- Emergency/urgent door entry system repairs including vandalism which will include:
- external door control panels and buttons
- electronic door locks
- overhead door closers
- main control panel and wiring
- Emergency/urgent repairs to entry doors and entry door windows including vandalism.
- Out of hours call out charges
- Cost of the electricity supply to the entry doors and lights.
- Cost of repairs to main supply cable provided by the Power Company or any alteration works out with emergency or urgent repairs.
- Repairs or renewal of door entry handset or cabling from the main control panel to your handset. These items are not common and repair/renewal is the responsibility of the individual owners.
- Cost to replace lost or damaged electronic key fobs or door keys where applicable.
- Full renewal of door entry systems when deemed to be unrepairable. Should the system be obsolete, we will endeavour to replace the defective part with a like for like replacement, it should be noted that some older obsolete parts may require the full system to be renewed as some new replacement parts may not be compatible with the other older working parts of the system.
- Full renewal of entry door/s when deemed to be unrepairable or where the cost to repair would exceed the cost of renewal.
- Full renewal of entry lighting and or systems when deemed to be unrepairable.
- Any repairs/renewals to entry windows, entry walls, stairs, railings and ceilings.
- Any repairs to internal entry cupboard doors or your own front door.
- Fire control systems fitted to entry windows (where applicable).
- Any other internal or external repairs costs other than internal lighting, external lighting and door entry systems.
- Cost for asbestos removal/cleaning/testing where required in the process of parts renewal relating to doors, door entry systems and lighting systems.
Prices do not include VAT, this will be added (at the prevailing rate)