East Ayrshire Federation was established in 2007. It is an umbrella organisation made up of representatives of tenants and residents associations from across East Ayrshire.
The role of the Federation is to support and develop representative and democratic tenants and residents groups so that they can play a full part in decisions about their housing and neighbourhood.
The aims of the Federation are:
- to promote the rights of East Ayrshire tenants and residents in the maintenance and improvements of their housing conditions, amenities and environment
- to uphold equal opportunities and work towards good relations amongst all members of the community, specifically prohibiting any conduct which discriminates or harasses on the grounds of race, religion, disability, geographical location, political belief, age, sex or sexual orientation
The objectives of the Federation are:
- to assist and encourage the setting up of new tenant, and tenant and resident associations, in East Ayrshire
- to assist and co-ordinate the efforts of tenant, and tenant and resident organisations to help achieve common aims
- to co-operate with other organisations locally and nationally on matters of common concern
- to liaise and participate with East Ayrshire Council and other landlords in pursuit of tenants/residents interests
- to liaise and participate with other agencies in pursuit of members interests
- to motivate the community to participate in all areas relating to members interests and rebuild community spirit
- to campaign for a rational and secure system of funding for the tenants and residents movement in East Ayrshire and throughout Scotland and to co-operate with other organisations to help achieve this common aim
- to publish and exchange information to advance the Federation’s aim and objectives
Contact details are provided below and you can obtain further information by visiting the East Ayrshire Federation website