We understand that the bereavement process is a traumatic time for families and aim to provide support in a caring, professional and sensitive manner.
We are here to help, please contact us.
Arranging a funeral
To find out about the services we provide please contact us.
The Scottish Government has published an information booklet with advice on arranging a funeral in Scotland.
Respectful funeral service
A funeral is deeply personal. It is an opportunity to say goodbye, to mourn a loss and to celebrate the life of a relative, friend or loved one.
To support and help our communities during times of bereavement, we have worked closely with local funeral directors to create a Respectful Funeral Service package. Our aim is to create a funeral service package with our partners which is respectful, affordable and local.
Our Partners are offering a tailored funeral package with savings of approximately 29% to 61% of the Scottish average cost for funeral directors services of £2,839.01 (2018).
The Respectful Funeral Service is dignified and professional but still affordable, and provides an alternative choice to consider for your departed friend, relative or loved one. Our package includes:
- collection of the deceased from within East Ayrshire or any NHS Ayrshire and Arran property (mainland)
- care and preparation of the deceased
- a choice of coffin ranging from light or dark wood effect or environmental.
- a place of rest and viewing facilities
- a hearse and one family car
- arrangements on the day of the funeral
Additional services include:
- recovery of the deceased from outwith East Ayrshire
- a minister, priest or celebrant
- an additional family car
- an additional two family cars
- coffin upgrade
- order of service
- newspaper entry Death Notice
In East Ayrshire the new dignified, affordable and local funeral service package is being offered by four highly respected local funeral directors:
Alexander Muir Funeral Directors
Alexander Muir Funeral Directors information
||8 Afton Bridgend
Tel: 01290 338248
Ayrshire Simple Funerals
Ayrshire Simple Funerals information
||2 Montgomery Place
Tel: 01563 535222
Barry Whalen Funeral Directors
Barry Whalen Funeral Directors information
||27 Dalvennan Avenue
Tel: 01292 611148
Fosters Funeral Directors
We are keen to find out ways to improve our service to you.
It would be really helpful if you could take part in our short survey. There are only eight questions and should only take a few minutes to complete.
About the service
We are members of the following professional organisations:
- Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management (ICCM)
- Confederation of Burial Authorities (CBA)
- National Association of Memorial Masons (NAMM)
We have responsibility for:
- 23 operational cemeteries
- 3 closed cemeteries
- 9 operational churchyards
- 10 closed churchyards