Skip to content

We know that being involved in the child protection system can be a stressful time for families. It is important that:

  • everything that’s happening is explained to you
  • you and your child/children’s views are listened to
  • you are advised on the best way you can support your child/children during this time

Where possible, you will be kept informed about what’s going on and – where necessary – helped to support your child.

If you feel you and your child have not been treated fairly during this time, you have the right to make a complaint. The social worker or other workers involved with you and your family can advise you on who to contact for further advice.

If at any time you feel you need legal advice regarding you or your child’s rights, you can contact:

All agencies working with families recognise that bringing up children can be demanding and stressful. If you would like further help or advice, please speak to someone such as:

  • health visitor or school nurse
  • nursery staff
  • social worker
  • school staff
  • GP
  • a family member or friend, or any other person who can access help for you

Contact Information

Social Services (Kilmarnock)
The Johnnie Walker Bond
15 Strand Street
East Ayrshire
Telephone: 01563 554200
Social Services (Cumnock)
Rothesay House
1 Greenholm Road
East Ayrshire
KA18 1LH
Telephone: 01290 427720
Social Work: Ayrshire Urgent Care Service
Note: The Emergency Out Of Hours Social Work Service is available after 5pm until 9am, Monday to Thursday and after 4pm on Friday until 9am on Monday (throughout the weekend). It is also available during public holidays. You will be put through to the Ayrshire Social Work out of Hours Response Service. A qualified Social Worker will assess the circumstances referred.

Drag your contacts in here.