The steps next to Kathleen Richmond Couture and beside CentreStage (formerly Kilmarnock Academy), have been repaired and renovated to make them safer to use and easier to walk on.
This has improved the connection between the town centre and the cultural quarter and the transformation looks spectacular with improved lighting, painted handrails and new concrete treads.
The specific works included:
- cutting back vegetation and trees
- pointing and stone patching to masonry walls
- cleaning out gullies and drain runs
- break out granolithic treads and uneven flint treads and replacing with concrete treads
- preparing and re-painting existing metal boundary fence and handrails
- replacing a section of existing boundary fence
- installing central handrail where none exists and edge handrails full length
- repainting bollards
- improving lighting
The other set of steps near the Salvation Army have also been improved, again making it easier to walk on, tidier and easier to use.
To see some photos of the steps please visit our Love Local East Ayrshire Instagram Gallery.