An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Advisor to join our dedicated and innovative Health and Safety Service. The successful candidate will provide competent advice and guidance to staff and managers regarding Health and Safety, and support a strong culture of safety compliance, contributing towards creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our staff and service users.
The successful candidate should have in-depth knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation, and its practical application, enabling them to provide expert advice and promote a positive health and safety culture.
The role is diverse, working across all Council services, and will involve the following key functions:
• Working on sites carrying out inspections and audits to ensure high levels of safety compliance.
• Reviewing accident/ incident reports through the Council’s electronic reporting system and assigning/ monitoring actions.
• Carrying out accident investigations to identify root causes and implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Developing and reviewing the Council’s Health and Safety Standards.
• Developing and delivering health and safety training and learning packages.
• Carrying out fire risk assessment reviews (following appropriate training, if required).
• Working closely with managers, employees and our trade unions, assessing opportunities for creating solutions for health and safety challenges and sharing best practice across the organisation.
The benefits of joining East Ayrshire Council’s Health and Safety Team includes:
• Opportunity to work for a national award winning and innovative service, which operates within a Council which is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of its staff and service users.
• Interesting and challenging working environment, covering a broad range of health and safety practise.
• Competitive salary and employee benefits package.
• Dynamic and collaborative working environment with opportunities for professional growth and personal development.
This role would suit an enthusiastic, passionate and aspiring safety professional, who is keen to develop their career within a forward thinking and dynamic working environment.
We follow the national guidance in relation to pre-employment checks namely “Safer Recruitment Through Better Recruitment”. With regards to requests for references and in line with this guidance, during your application process you should provide details of a minimum of two appropriate and relevant references, one of which should be from your current or most recent employer. It is also a requirement that the reference from your current or most recent employer is from an appropriate senior manager and it is not a reference from a former peer operating at the same level.
If you apply for this post, please add the following email address to your safe sender list to ensure that any MyJobScotland related e-mails go directly to your inbox - firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a Full Time Permanent Post based within London Road Annexe, Kilmarnock.
The hours of work are 35 hours per week to be worked as follows:
Monday - Thursday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm
The full time salary of the post is between £42,843 - £45,445 per annum.
The workstyle for this post is Mobile - 20-49% of your time in an office or other work location. You will work at your administrative base or another agreed office location between 1 to 2.5 days per week and the remainder of the week at home or other work locations as required.