We all know that the best way to cut your energy bills, minimise your carbon footprint and keep cosy in winter and cool in summer is to have a well insulated, energy efficient home. But making 'green' improvements to your home can be costly.
ECO4 Flex is a UK Government backed scheme, supported by East Ayrshire Council which could help you with free or subsidised installation of:
- microgeneration such as electricity generating solar panels
- replacement heating systems such as a new condensing boiler or air air source heat pump
- insulation measures such as cavity, loft, internal/external wall insulation
You could be eligible if you own a home with an energy rating in band D, E, F or G (priority given to E, F, G) and one of the following:
- combined household income is less than £31,000
- someone in your household has a severe or long term health condition that is adversely affected by living in a cold home
- your household qualifies for other reasons relating to income and health
If you meet the criteria for the scheme, you will be able to use an accredited approved ECO installer and you will have the peace of mind of knowing that all work carried out through the scheme is guaranteed.
Not eligible but still want to reduce the carbon footprint of my home
If you're not eligible for ECO4 Flex grants you can still get help and advice on how best to upgrade your home to increase energy efficiency and cut your carbon footprint.
Visit the links in our useful information section below or the Home Energy Scotland: Online advice hub.
How to apply
Installers advertise free/subsidised works through their own marketing campaigns and will contact you direct.
Please be aware that only installers that have been pre-approved by the local authority can access LA Flex funding under ECO-4.
View a list of approved installers
Check your installer
If you have been approached by an installer and are unsure whether the offer is genuine, please contact our agent:
Find out more: