Skip to content

In cases where the tenant causes damage to the house which is then reported as a repair, the Council will usually do the repair but the tenant may be asked to pay for the work. For example:

  • replacing locks, keys and door frames due to force of entry or due to loss of keys
  • defrosting pipes due to fault of tenant
  • any damage deemed to be the result of vandalism from within the household
  • any unauthorised installation which has to be made good
  • failure to make good any repairs identified during pre-termination inspection 

Contact Information




Housing Repairs
Holmquarry House
1b Holmquarry Road
Telephone: 01563 555555
Emergency Helpline(local rate): 0345 724 0000



24 Hour Emergency Helpline
Telephone(local rate): 0345 724 0000