Skip to content

Home owners who stay in former Council properties may need to ask for the Council's permission, as Feu Superior, when making improvements or alterations to their home. Consent may be required if you are considering internal layout changes, fitting double glazing, putting on a new roof, erecting fencing or alterations which may involve another Council owned property. However, it should be noted that this list is not exhaustive and should only be used as a guide.

Applications for Feu Superior's consent are dealt with by the Council's legal services conveyancing and contracts section. Advice on whether permission is required can be obtained by contacting the number detailed at the bottom of the page.

If you are considering making improvements or alterations to your home you should check if you require consent and, if you do, you should ensure that you obtain this consent prior to any works taking place.

You may also require planning permission or a building warrant and should contact our planning and building standards section for advice regarding this.

Contact Information


Conveyancing and Contracts
Legal, Procurement and Regulatory Services
Council Headquarters, London Road


Planning and Building Standards
Opera House
8 John Finnie Street
Telephone: 01563 576790