A sum of £13.175m will be invested in Stewarton Academy over the next six years which will include refurbishment of the existing building, improved sports facilities and the construction of a new extension.
- £7m for the extension
- £2m to upgrade the sports facilities
- £4.175m to improve heating, electrical systems, ventilation systems, roofing, accessibility adaptations and hospitality and catering facilities
- Planning permission has been granted for the synthetic pitch which should be operational for August 2018. Drawings are still being developed at this stage.
- Upgrading of Home Economics facilities is almost complete.
- Refurbishment work to improve the front entrance to the school, staff and pupil's toilets and a fabulous outdoor dining area is now complete.
- Work is ongoing to develop the proposals for the £2m allocation for the improvements to the sports facilities. Consultation with the school, parent representatives and Sports Scotland is currently taking place.