Netherthird Primary School
On 24 January 2018, Cabinet agreed to progress with the replacement of Netherthird Primary and Early Childhood Centre. Also it is proposed to include additional support needs facilities within the primary building which will enhance provision across the Authority.
- The planned date for the commencement of the new Early Childhood Centre is 8 April 2020. Once children move into the new facility, it will be all systems go to demolish the building and start works on the new primary school.
Start date: To be confirmed
Finish date: To be confirmed
- A drop in session to allow parents, staff and the community to view the plans for the new Primary School will be held in Netherthird Community Centre on 20 June 2019 between 3pm and 6pm. A copy of the plans including design proposals can be viewed using the link below.
- A drop in session to allow parents, staff and the community to view the plans for the new Early Childhood Centre will be held in Netherthird Early Childhood Centre on 11 October between 11.15am and 12.45pm and also in Netherthird Primary School (currently located in Greenmill Primary School building) during parents' evening on 11 October 2018 between 3.30pm and 8.00pm.
- On 25 October 2017 the Council committed to a new school build to replace Netherthird Primary School. The £1.9 million earmarked for refurbishment of the school in 2016, will now be transferred to the funding required for the new build as part of the Capital Investment Programme.
- From Tuesday 22 August 2017, P1-P5 pupils will be decanted to Greenmill Primary School and P6-P7 pupils will be decanted to Cumnock Academy. Coaches will leave Netherthird Community Centre Car Park at 8.50am and return around 3.15pm.
- A drop in session was held at which officers and school staff were available to answer parents' questions.
- During a programme of structural inspections undertaken during the summer holidays an issue was identified with the ceilings in the primary school classrooms. Structural engineers advised that repair work on the ceilings is required and, purely as a precaution, these classrooms should be closed to allow further investigations to take place.