Netherthird Primary School
On 24 January 2018, Cabinet approved a sum of £8.750m for the proposed replacement of Netherthird Primary and Early Childhood Centre. It is proposed to include a further £1.500m to enhance the additional support needs provision across the Authority giving a total budget of £10.250m.
Consultations with staff, parents and pupils will commence in April 2018 to start to develop ideas for the design.
Start date: TBC
Finish date: Summer 2020
- A drop in session to allow parents, staff and the community to view the plans for the new Early Childhood Centre will be held in Netherthird Early Childhood Centre on 11 October between 11.15am and 12.45pm and also in Netherthird Primary School (currently located in Greenmill Primary School building) during parents' evening on 11 October 2018 between 3.30pm and 8.00pm
- On 25 October 2017 the Council committed to a new school build to replace Netherthird Primary School. The £1.9 million earmarked for refurbishment of the school in 2016, will now be transferred to the funding required for the new build as part of the Capital Investment Programme.
- From Tuesday 22 August 2017, P1-P5 pupils will be decanted to Greenmill Primary School and P6-P7 pupils will be decanted to Cumnock Academy. Coaches will leave Netherthird Community Centre Car Park at 8.50am and return around 3.15pm.
- A drop in session was held at which officers and school staff were available to answer parents' questions.
- During a programme of structural inspections undertaken during the summer holidays an issue was identified with the ceilings in the primary school classrooms. Structural engineers advised that repair work on the ceilings is required and, purely as a precaution, these classrooms should be closed to allow further investigations to take place.
Investing in East Ayrshire Schools
8 John Finnie Street