Crosshouse Primary School and Communication Centre
In December 2014, the Council allocated £2.500m for developing the Crosshouse Communication Centre project - based on 30 children. However in the intervening period, as the detailed design was developed, the roll within the Communication Centre has increased. On 24 January 2018, Cabinet approved an additional £0.700m giving an overall budget of £3.200m for the Communication Centre.
It is also acknowledged that the building fabric of Crosshouse Primary is in need of investment as well as enhanced gym, dining and improved outdoor facilities. East Ayrshire Council has committed to address these issues and Cabinet has approved an additional sum of £3.000m for the primary school.
A total of £6.200m will be invested in Crosshouse Primary and Communication Centre.
- An information evening for parents and carers was held on Wednesday 11 March to allow parents to discuss the decant arrangements to Kirkstyle Primary School to allow the refurbishment works and extension to commence. Download our Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 409Kb) to find out more.
- Responses from staff and community were very positive following the sessions in June. We have responded to all comments in our 'You said we listened' document.
- Information sessions have been arranged for parents and carers to visit the school on Monday 18 June, Tuesday 19 June, Monday 25 June and Tuesday 26 June 2018 between 1.30pm and 4pm to view the initial concept designs and share their thoughts with staff. These designs can be viewed under the "Plans" section below. The feedback form can be downloaded also and returned to school staff.
- A very excited group of Primary 5-7 pupils moved to their temporary accommodation in the community building on 19 February 2018. Staff gave up their mid-term break to ensure that the classrooms were ready for the children.
Letters to parents
Download proposed plans:
- Arrangements are being put in place to extend the education accommodation further in the short term by converting currently under-used facilities within Crosshouse Community Centre.
Investing in East Ayrshire Schools
8 John Finnie Street