Skip to content
Frequently asked questions

Below are some frequently asked questions to help you when planning an event in East Ayrshire.

Any other questions you may have can be sent to or call us on 01563 576114  

I am planning an event, where do I start?

We recommend you start by reading our Events Toolkit. This will give you more information on all aspects of event planning. Early research will make for a well thought out event.

What happens if I don’t complete a pre-event application?

There is no legal requirement to complete a pre-event application form, however, if you apply for a licence for your event, supporting documents are required. Where a pre-application has been submitted, the events team can provide support to ensure that supporting documents are completed to an acceptable standard.

Where can I get help filling in my Public Entertainment Licence application?

A step-by-step guide on how to complete all sections of a Public Entertainment Licence can be found in the  guidance and resources section.

 I run a community group with charitable/non-profit status, can I apply for funding?


Yes. If you are planning a community event you may be eligible for funding from external sources. Application closing dates vary. Check out  East Ayrshire 4 Community online for more information.


 Do I need to carry out a risk assessment for my event?

Yes. Carrying out a risk assessment will help to ensure that an event runs as safely as possible and it is also a legal requirement under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. Guidance on how to carry out a risk assessment is provided in our  guidance and resources pages.

Contact Information


Events and Resilience
Council Headquarters
London Road
Telephone: 01563 576116