From Monday 23 March, all public counters and office receptions are closed to limit face to face contact.
Our customer service advisors will be available to answer your calls on 01563 554400.
Our opening hours are Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4pm.
Emergency out of hours
In the event of an emergency our out of hours number is 0345 724 0000.
If your query is not urgent contact us using our online contact us form.
Save time, do it online
Our East Ayrshire customer portal gives you access to a wide range of council services online including payments, copy certificates and many more.
If you create a customer account you can:
- manage your council tax and rent accounts
- store your contact details
- access your submitted requests
- view your recycling dates and events in your local area
If you create a customer account, you can also view your council tax and rent balances online.
We will be unable to take payments on Sunday 12 July 2020 between 2pm and 6pm. This will impact all payments including online and the automated telephone payment line. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If you wish to make a payment you can do so on our online portal or via our automated payments line 01563 574057.
Payments can be accepted for:
- Rent, home contents insurance and garage lock up
- Council tax
- Parking fines and other penalty charge notices
- Non Domestic Rates
To make a payment you will need your reference number.
For those customers who prefer to continue making payments by cash, this option is available at PayPoint locations.
Customer services team
The Customer Services Team is your first point of contact whether online, by telephone or in person.
Based within five locations in East Ayrshire, our dedicated team of advisors are committed to providing excellent customer service.
Contacting us couldn't be easier, whether you are a resident, running a business or simply visiting the area, our Customer Services Team is here to help you with all your Council enquiries.
||Contact us form
|| 01563 554400
Customer Service Centres (formerly known as local offices)
Please note that these buildings are currently closed to members of the public to minimise face-to-face contact.
||Civic Centre North, John Dickie Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 1HW
||Rothesay House, 1 Greenholm Road, Cumnock, KA18 1LH
||Dalmellington Area Centre, 33 Main Street, Dalmellington, KA6 7QL
||Galston, 24 Henrietta Street, Galston, KA4 8HQ
||Stewarton Area Centre, Avenue Street, Stewarton, KA3 5AP
Working Together - Achieving Together
By working together we can improve the services that we provide
Our aim is to provide the residents and businesses of East Ayrshire with effective and efficient services that meet their needs.
Excellent customer service
- we will do our best to deal with your enquiry when you first contact us
- we will make it easy to contact us
- we will listen to your viewpoint and take any action necessary
- we will provide you with information that is easy to understand and in a format that meets your needs
- we will keep you informed of the progress if we are unable to answer your enquiry straight away
- we will treat you fairly, sensitively and confidentially
- we will organise an interpreter, signer, translation or alternative format should you need this
You can help us
- please treat us with courtesy and respect
- provide us with as much information as possible so we have a complete picture of your enquiry
- let us know when things go wrong to give us the opportunity to put things right as soon as possible
- tell us about changes in your circumstances which may impact on our services to you
- tell us if you are pleased with the service you received so that we can encourage good practice across the Council
- share your views and ideas with us to help us to shape the services that we deliver