Noise nuisance is investigated by officers from our Environmental Health Service.

Complaints can be made by either:

  • calling us
  • emailing us
  • writing to us
  • visiting our office

We do not operate an out of hours service.

Our officers will investigate using a number of techniques including, where appropriate, the use of Directed Surveillance authorised under the Control of Investigatory Powers (Scotland) Act, 2000.

In some circumstances arrangements will be made to have officers attend out of normal working hours, each case is considered on its merits. Officers will advise you on the action to be taken and update them throughout their investigation.

Contact Information


Pollution Control Team
16 John Dickie Street
Telephone: 01563 576790
Opening hours: 9am–5pm Mon-Thu and 9am–4pm on Fri