The Litigation Team within Legal, Procurement and Regulatory Services represents the Council in all litigation matters including the following:
- Acting for the Council in all court proceedings. This includes ordinary and summary actions, licensing appeals, adoption and child protection proceedings, anti-social behaviour orders, recovery of possession actions, judicial reviews and interdict proceedings
- Representing the Council at employment and other tribunals and dealing with employment issues
- Acting for the Council in relation to planning appeals and related enquiries
- Resolution of notional capital disputes and preparation of written submissions to the Scottish Government where ordinary residence is in dispute
- Providing advice and legal support to all committees and to all officers of the Council in the performance of their functions and service delivery
The Council must collect all debts due to it. The Litigation and Advice Team carries out this process from initial written requests for payment to drafting of the writ and enforcement of subsequent decrees.