Our Conveyancing and Contracts team undertakes an extensive range of work involving the acquisition and disposal of property (conveyancing) and the negotiating, drafting and finalising of Council contracts.
Their work can be divided into six main areas:
1. The purchase and sale of land and buildings required by, or surplus to, the Council requirements
2. Processing applications for council house sales (under the ‘Right to Buy’ legislation) to include verifying tenancy details, obtaining a property valuation from the District Valuer, issuing an energy performance certificate, preparing an offer to sell and following acceptance, attending to the necessary conveyancing formalities
3. Undertaking Title enquiries on behalf of Council departments to ascertain and establish land ownership and maintenance responsibilities
4. Preparing offers, leases and notices in respect of the lease of Council properties to third parties and carrying out the tasks necessary to ensure completion and/or enforcement of legally binding lease agreements
5. Negotiating and agreeing contract terms on behalf of the Council with third parties in respect of a wide variety of issues such as:
construction and redevelopment
education and personal care
the disposal of waste
planning and property issues
rights of access
the sharing of services at both a local and national level
The team also provides advice to Council departments in respect of contractual terms and conditions.
6. Processing and completing business loans and grants to third parties in the East Ayrshire Council area under such schemes as the Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme and West of Scotland Loan Fund scheme.