St Sophia's Primary School
A plan is in place to invest £3.600m in St Sophia’s Primary School which would result in a state-of-the-art learning environment for the children and young people. It is proposed that the new build will be co-located on the site of the existing Galston Primary School and Early Childhood Centre. Additional work will see the enhancement and upgrading of facilities for both schools to share: this includes a synthetic football pitch.
As reported at Cabinet on 24 January 2018 the contract award was deferred due to a delay with the planning application. SEPA raised an objection in relation to flood levels which were incongruent with advice provided by the Council’s external consulting engineers. However, the Council was advised on 2 February 2018 that SEPA had withdrawn its objection to the development. Technical and cost checks are underway and a further update will be provided as soon as possible.
Find out about the consultation exercise.
Proposed Start date: To be confirmed
Proposed Finish date: To be confirmed
Download plans of the building:
- Closing date for contract tender submissions is 5 December 2016.
- A community consultation was held on 14 June 2016 to allow the community to view the updated plans for the school.
- A further consultation session was held in Galston Community Centre on 28 June 2016 between 5pm and 7pm.
- Comments in response to queries raised at the drop-in session on 24th February.
- A further drop-in session has been arranged in Galston Primary on Wednesday 24th February between 3pm and 6pm to allow interested parties to view the updated plans for the building.
- Response to queries raised at the drop-in session held in St Sophia's Primary on 14th December 2015:
- A drop-in session has been arranged in St Sophia's Primary between 3pm and 6pm on Monday 14th December 2015 to view the updated plans for St Sophia's co-located at Galston Primary.
- Cabinet has approved additional funding to further develop the extension to the existing Galston Primary School for St Sophia's Primary School. Initial design works have commenced.
Investing in East Ayrshire Schools
8 John Finnie Street