Skip to content

Online information sessions

The Citizens' Rights Project are running online information sessions in multiple European languages from mid-May. Visit the Citizens' Rights Project website to find out more.

EU Settlement Scheme

Please note this service is currently unavailable at present. 

If you’re a European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss citizen, you and your family will be able to apply to get either settled or pre-settled status.

This will mean you can continue living in the UK after 31 December 2020, you will have until 30 June 2021 to apply for either settled or pre-settled status.

East Ayrshire Council is one of the local authorities supporting EU, EEA and Swiss citizens complete the ID verification part of the process. 

Who can apply?

Information on who is required to apply for pre-settled or settled status can be found at UK Government: Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

There will be no change to current rights under EU law until the end of the planned implementation period on 31 December 2020.

Identity verification

You’ll need a compatible Android phone or tablet if you want to scan your identity document yourself, this can be your own phone or tablet or someone else’s.

If your mobile phone or other device doesn’t have near field communication (NFC) you can make an appointment to bring your ID document to us, where it can be scanned and verified for you. You will then be able to make an application for pre-settled or settled status. 

We will not need to keep your ID document and in most cases you should not be asked to send your passport anywhere else during your application for pre-settled or settled status.

If you wish to book an appointment to use the EU Settlement Service, please contact our Registration Services Team on 01563 576695. Please note you must not start your application before you attend your appointment.

Appointments are available on a Tuesday and Wednesday only.

What to bring to your appointment

  • your current valid biometric EU, EEA or Swiss passport or a valid Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) for family members of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
  • a mobile phone that can receive text messages or a device that can receive email

Only the ID documents listed above can be checked by us. If you do not have one of these ID documents then please visit the GOV.UK website for your options.

Contact Information

Registration Services
Burns Monument Centre
Kay Park, Kilmarnock
Telephone: 01563 576695
Telephone: 01563 576696