Alterations to your home

If you are planning to make alterations to your home, such as fitting a new kitchen or removing walls, you must first get approval from Housing Asset Services. Some types of work will also require planning permission and/or a building warrant before you start the work.

Always check with the Council before you start doing any alterations. The Council has powers to force works to be carried out to remedy any unauthorised or unlawful work.

Some improvements will qualify for Compensation for Improvements. For more detail please download the leaflet "alterations and improvements" from further information or contact Housing Asset Services.

Contact Information

Housing Improvement Team
Burnside Street
East Ayrshire
Telephone: 01563 555577
Telephone alt: 01563 555791
Housing Repairs
Holmquarry House
1b Holmquarry Road
Telephone: 01563 555555
Emergency Helpline: 0345 724 0000 (local rate)
rating button