Loanhead Primary and Early Childhood Centre
An investment of £3.750m will result in refurbishment works at Loanhead Primary School.
An additional £0.400m will be invested to reconfigure the accommodation at Loanhead Primary School to allow the inclusion of a new Early Childhood Centre provision.
- Construction work on the extension and refurbishment of Loanhead Primary School has been delayed due to COVID-19. Preparations for a return to the site will begin on Monday 1 June. This will involve preparing the site for physical distancing and putting protective measures in place for operatives. Once the contractor is back on site, they will be in a position to draw up a revised programme of works and set a completion date. Read our press release for more information.
- Ashleigh Scotland is on target for completion of the project in the summer of 2020.
- A ceremony to burry a time capsule will take place on Tuesday 28 January 2020.
Start date: Late summer 2019
Finish date: August 2020
- FAQ document issued to parents.
- Parents and carers are invited to Loanhead Primary on 25 February 2019 7pm-9pm to chat about any concerns they may have about the decant of Loanhead Primary to the former Kirkstyle Primary building in order to safely carry out the upgrade works and extension. Council officers from Education, Facilities and Property Management, Roads and Transport will be available to answer any questions about the decant arrangements. Plans for the extension will also be on display.
- Technical design work is progressing.
- Proposals for the extension of Loanhead Primary School to provide new dining facilities and an Early Childhood Centre gained Planning Approval on 12 November 2018 and Listed Building Consent on 14 November 2018.
- Draft proposals are being developed covering provision of early childhood facilities, incorporation of dining facilities within the school, mechanical, electrical and accessibility. Cost estimates are being prepared to inform decision making. Planning colleagues and Historic Environment Scotland (HES) have been involved in initial discussions.