Lainshaw/Cairns/Auchinleck/Early Childhood Centres
An investment of £2.300m, for three Early Childhood Centres in the authority resulted in enhanced provision in line with the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014.
- Lainshaw Early Childhood Centre - complete by August 2016.
- Cairns Early Childhood Centre - start 25 April 2016 and finish October 2016.
- Auchinleck Early Childhood Centre - start 1 August 2016 and finish Spring 2017.
Lainshaw Early Childhood Centre:
- 22 February 2017 children, parents and staff celebrated the opening of the new Early Childhood Centre at Lainshaw Primary.
- Work has commenced on the new extension to the Early Childhood Centre at Lainshaw Primary. This new facility will provide bright, attractive learning and teaching accommodation specially designed for two year old children. This state-of-the-art early learning and childcare space will be ready for the end of August 2016. The contractor onsite is akp Scotland Limited.
Cairns Early Childhood Centre:
- 3 March 2017 children, parents, staff & Elected Members attended the key handover to the specially designed accommodation for 2 year old children.
- akp Scotland Limited have been appointed as the contractor for the project and started on site 25 April 2016. View site progress photo.
Auchinleck Early Childhood Centre:
- 23 June 2017 children, parents, staff & Elected Members attended the official opening of the new Early Childhood Centre.
- Clark Contracts have been appointed as the contractor for the project and started on site 1 August 2016.
Investing in East Ayrshire Schools
8 John Finnie Street