At Cabinet on 22 August 2018 the Council agreed to proceed with the project to construct a new Bellsbank Primary School and Early Childhood Centre, which will include community facilities.
Plans to build a new primary school were already in place, with £4.65 million set aside for the work.
However, an additional £1.65 million from the Scottish Government Early Learning and Childcare capital funding programme, means the work can progress on the exciting new development, incorporating the Early Childhood Centre in the design.
It is also planned to create new community leisure facilities at the school, creating an exciting social, leisure and educational hub in the heart of the village.
- The school opened its doors to pupils on Wednesday 19 February 2020 with the key handover ceremony taking place on Monday 24 February.
- Ashleigh Scotland is on track for completion of Bellsbank Primary School, Early Childhood Centre and Community Facility with the building opening for all users on Wednesday 19 February 2020.
- The Scottish Government has agreed to 4 days exceptional closure in order for staff to pack resources in the old building and set up in the new building. These dates are 13, 14, 17 and 18 February 2020.
- As part of their contract, Ashleigh Building are committed to delivering an extensive community benefit programme. Engagement with school staff and community representatives is underway to determine a relevant and sustainable plan.
- Modern apprentices from Ashleigh Building are working with East Ayrshire Council staff to improve "The Hut" facility within the community.
Start date: February 2019
Finish date: February 2020
Download plans of the building: