We offer a commercial waste and commercial recyclates, such as plastics, glass, cans, paper and cardboard collection service to businesses.
A range of commercial bin sizes is available, with capacities ranging from 140 litre to 1280 litre. This ensures that the correct bin for your requirements can be easily identified.
The approximate dimensions of the available containers are (all measurements are in mm).
Container dimensions (approximates)
Top tips to achieve the most from your collection service:
- recycle what you can and consider where you can reduce the amount of waste you produce in the first place
- make sure your staff know what materials go in each container, what materials should be recycled and how containers should be presented for collection
- make sure that the storage area set aside for your waste and recyclate, both internal and external to your premises, is of an adequate size and is well maintained
- make sure that your containers are maintained and cleaned where possible to prevent odours
- on collection days make sure that your containers are presented correctly - that they are not overfilled and that the lid is closed. Overfull bins can result in spillage and present a health and safety risk when lifting. Open lids permit flies and vermin to access the bin content
- following collection, return bins to their storage areas as soon as possible - this ensures that the footpaths and roadways outside your business premises are free from obstruction
Zero Waste Officers are available to help you identify the most cost effective solution for dealing with your business waste. To encourage increased recycling from the commercial sector, the cost of collecting recyclable materials such as paper and cardboard, glass and cans is considerably less than the cost of disposing waste to landfill.