Funding of up to £10,000 will be available to communities throughout East Ayrshire in an exciting initiative which revolutionises funding opportunities, putting communities at the heart of the process.
Participatory Budgeting (PB) provides funding to groups or individuals who are either based within the selected communities or provide a service that directly benefits local residents.
The first two communities to take part in the initiative are Muirkirk and Logan, Lugar and Cronberry.
Local Community Led Action Plan groups have been involved in the application process and local steering groups have been formed, with the support of Vibrant Communities, to take a lead locally.
The local steering groups have created a shortlist of applicants. The applicants have been invited to present their ideas at a public event where the audience will vote on who should receive funding. Voting will be open to all attendees over the age of 12 years.
The first public event, Muirkirk Vision, is being held at Muirkirk Games Hall on Saturday 4 February between 11am and 3pm while the Logan, Lugar and Cronberry Community Matters event will be held in Logan Primary School on Thursday 9 February between 3pm and 7pm.
Funding decisions will be made on the day and applicants will be informed immediately.
Funding will be granted to projects which start after the public events and end before 31 March 2018.
Applications for funding are still open for the following communities:
• Cumnock – closing date 13 February
• Dalmellington Parish – closing date 10 February
• Drongan, Rankinston and Stair – closing date 3 February
• Fenwick – closing date 18 February
• Netherthird, Craigens and Skerrington – closing date 24 February
• New Cumnock – closing date 20 February
• Patna – closing date 6 February
• Sorn and Auchencloigh – closing date 26 February
• Stewarton – closing date 15 February
For further information please contact Margaret MacBain on 01563 578104.