Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982
Taxi fare structure effective from 1 October 2017
Fares by distance
The following shall be the maximum fares, charged by distance, for the hire of a Taxi:
- 0 to 1320 Yards - £2.90
- For each additional 120 yards (or part thereof) - £0.15
These rates shall include going from the nearest stand to the hirer’s address or other place of uplift.
- For hires accepted between the hours of midnight and 6.00am - £1.00
- For hires accepted between Midnight on 24 December until 6am on 26 December and Midnight on 31 December until 6am on 2 January - Double Fare
- 5, 6, 7 and 8-seater taxis – For each passenger in excess of four - £1.25 per passenger
- Waiting time - after an initial period of 5 minutes – each period of 5 minutes (or part thereof) - £1.95
- Taxi called by hirer and not used - £3.00
- Call out charge £0.50
- Fouling charge £50.00
The fare for any distance in excess of five miles shall be the subject of special agreement. The taximeter must be operated on all hires within the said five mile limit.
Where prior to the acceptance of the hire, the hirer requests to hire by time rather than by distance and the driver agrees, such fare may be charged as proposed by the driver and agreed by the hirer at that time.
Where an operator is registered for VAT purposes, a surcharge, calculated at the rate of Value Added Tax current at the time, may be charged in respect of each hire. The operator must display an appropriate notice to this effect within the vehicle.
If requested by the hirer, the driver shall assist with the loading and unloading of luggage without any extra charge.
Any complaint should be addressed to the Chief Governance Officer, Council Headquarters, London Road, Kilmarnock, KA3 7BU (Tel: 01563 576014), or to any Police Office. The Licence Numbers of the Taxi and the Taxi Driver should be quoted where possible.