An annual community walking festival will take place in July in memory of Jim Dunlop, a much loved volunteer walk leader.
For over ten years, Jim led hundreds of health walks. He encouraged people to get some fresh air, to exercise and to have a good blether along the way.
The festival celebrates his life, the great contribution he made to his community through volunteering and his infectious enthusiasm.
The walking festival is open to all ages and abilities. So if you want some fresh air, exercise and a good blether join the walking festival on:
• Monday 3 July – Two Castles walk from Dean Castle to Craufurdland – 12.30pm
• Tuesday 4 July – Walk around Dunlop – 10.30am
• Wednesday 5 July – Water Meetings Walk at Kilmaurs – 10.30am
• Thursday 6 July – Lanfine Estate, Darvel – 2pm
• Saturday 8 July – Galston to Loudoun Hill (time to be confirmed)
There are walks to suit all abilities, dogs and children are very welcome and all the walks are free.
For more information on the walking festival and for meeting places please contact Faye Forsyth on 01563 576398 or by email at email@example.com