An annual community walking festival will take place in July in memory of Jim Dunlop, a much loved volunteer walk leader.
For over ten years, Jim led hundreds of health walks. He encouraged people to get some fresh air, to exercise and to have a good blether along the way.
The festival celebrates his life, the great contribution he made to his community through volunteering and his infectious enthusiasm.
The walking festival is open to all ages and abilities. So if you want some fresh air, exercise and a good blether join the walking festival on:
• Monday 4 July – Dean Castle Country Park at 12.30pm – choice of two or six mile walk
• Tuesday 5 July – Dunlop at 10.30am
• Wednesday 6 July – Kilmaurs at 10.30am
• Thursday 7 July – Lanfine Estate, Darvel at 2pm
• Saturday 9 July – Galston to Loudoun Hill (time to be confirmed)
There are walks to suit all abilities and all the walks are free. There will be prizes for Walker of the Week and best photograph. Walkers will be encouraged to take photos of the beautiful East Ayrshire scenery and they will be entered into a competition at the end of the festival.
For more information on the walking festival and for meeting places please contact Faye Forsyth on 01563 576398 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org